Peace of mind with every booking.
Blys Insurance covers the Practitioner for their liability to third parties for personal injury or property damage whilst performing treatments.
Top Rated Insurer
Blys Insurance is provided by Zurich – one of the most reputable and innovative insurance brands globally.
No Extra Cost
Included in the standard rate for every booking, no extra costs apply.
Got a few questions?
Blys Insurance is a third party liability policy that insures Practitioners registered in the Blys platform for their liability to third parties for personal injury or property damage whilst performing activities (not otherwise excluded) during a treatment and within policy terms and conditions.
It’s offered to all users of Blys platform, at no extra cost, as an additional coverage on top of the insurance that each Practitioner carries individually.
If a Practitioner is liable for injury to, or damage to property of, a Client or someone else as a result of performing services, Blys Insurance can help to cover the liability of the Practitioner. Please contact us for more information on how Blys Insurance works for Clients.
Practitioners are primarily responsible for the work they carry out under terms of service and may be liable for consequences that result from their activities when performing a treatment. Every Blys Practitioner is required to have his/her own Public Liability insurance before joining Blys. Blys Insurance is intended to provide an added peace of mind if/when needed, to cover the liability of the Practitioner to the Client or anyone else for injury or damage to property. Please contact us for more information on how Blys Insurance works for Practitioners.
- Blys Insurance is a third party liability policy covering up to $10 million AUD (to the equivalent value of $10 million AUD in your local currency) that insures Practitioners registered in the Blys platform for their liability to third parties for personal injury or property damage whilst performing treatments during a booking on Blys.
- Blys Insurance does not cover all treatments. Please contact us for more information.
- The liability insurance is on a claims made and notified basis which means that the policy limit, terms and conditions which are applicable to a notified claim are those of the current policy period when the claim is notified – not when the claim occurs (if outside the current policy period). These may also be different from the liability insurance terms and conditions in place when the contract was entered into if it also was in a different policy period. Claims must be lodged within 30 calendar days of the date of the incident.
- All coverage is subject to the policy’s terms and conditions and there are exclusions that apply.
- Some types of treatments are not covered under the policy. Please contact us for details on which treatments are excluded.
- Individuals not registered on Blys platform are not covered under the insurance policy. Please ensure the person that provides the treatment for you is registered on Blys and he or she is the person that your booking is assigned to.
- Bookings must be completed and paid via the Blys platform to be eligible for the coverage subject to insurance terms and conditions. Any bookings paid via alternative means (including cash in hand) will not be covered.
- The insurance only provides cover for an Practitioner’s liability for property damage or injury arising from activities and does not cover faulty workmanship.
- Criminal activities, malicious or intentional damage is not covered by the policy. If this occurs, please report this to the police and Blys Support as soon as possible.
- The policy does not cover personal injury to, or damage to property belonging to the Practitioner, and should not be considered a replacement for workers compensation, salary protection or other similar types of insurance.
All claims made under the insurance and for which the policy responds are subject to an excess that is payable by the Practitioner. Practitioners are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the applicable excess that applies for any actual or alleged demands for compensation against them. Please contact us for more information on excesses.
The policy does not cover personal injury to a Practitioner or any subcontractors and should not be considered a replacement for workers compensation, salary protection or other similar types of insurance. The policy also does not cover any damage to property of a Practitioner or a subcontractor.
If you have any questions about this policy or how it will affect you, or to make a claim please contact us.
Please note this is a summary of the Blys third party liability insurance policy ONLY. Nothing contained herein is general or personal advice. Furthermore, it is declared and agreed that nothing contained in this summary should be understood to be an express or implied condition, term or exclusion which forms part of the Insurer Policy terms and conditions or be relied upon in the event of a Claim.
Please contact Blys for access to the Certificate of Currency and/or Insurance Policy Schedule and/or Policy Wording for information as to the specific coverage, terms, conditions and exclusions afforded by the Insurer in the event of an incident, occurrence or Claim. Please also note that each Claim is subject to an Excess payable by the therapists / practitioners – full details of the Policy, its coverage and exclusions including the applicable excess details are available on request by the Blys user.